The lovely people at Studio Blue Sea have honoured me with the ‘Lovely Blog Award’ for both this and for Wightrabbit’s Blog! It’s just the kick up the wotsit I require to get me back into writing regularly, after my relaxing Summer break. So thank you, thank you and thank you, Pippa and Miles! I do enjoy reading your posts and viewing your creative work!
That’s the first condition of accepting the award fulfilled ~ now for the second, more challenging task. I have to reveal seven things about myself. I love reading these personal disclosures on other people’s blogs ~ my cyber~buddies seem to have such fascinating back stories. I can’t guarantee to be as entertaining and informative as they are but here goes:
1) …. hang on, let me just brew another mug of coffee……mmmm……’lishush’, as my granddaughter would say. Now, where was I? Oh, yeh….
It might not be obvious, but I’m really good at procrastination. I’d like to be more disciplined and prepare things in advance but ~ even though I have plenty of free time these days ~ I still delay until the last minute. I’m far too easily distracted. Or maybe my mother was right and I am simply lazy?
2) But somehow I always manage to wing it. I’ve not missed an important deadline (yet) ~ and I’ve never had to stay up all night to finish an assignment or project. Even if I leave home later than I ought, I always usually arrive on schedule, (not a moment before, mind, but still not late.) I must thrive on the adrenaline rush, maybe it gives me the edge I require to get motivated? It used to annoy me and I’d search for all sorts of excuses but now I’ve accepted that this is the way I am. Which is quite liberating, actually.
3) I love washing up. By hand. Seriously. It’s Zen Meditation.
4) I am a ‘lonely only’ ~ I have no brothers or sisters and was brought up in an old vicarage, in rural Wales. From an early age, I escaped into books, fascinated by the story lines and the characters.
5) My step~father wasn’t a vicar, he was a Veterinary Surgeon, so we always had animals. Labradors, a cat and budgerigars as pets; chickens and ducks for eggs (and the table.) A neighbouring small~holder used our field as grazing for his sheep, cattle and ponies. One day the heifers broke the electric fence, charged through the spinney, trampled my mother’s precious rose~beds and escaped onto the lane. So that arrangement was abruptly terminated!
6) I once sat on an Arab stallion that the Queen wished to send to the King of Nepal, as a gift, once my Dad had approved it.
7) I’ve always loved purple. Many of my clothes, my spectacles and the ink I hand~write with are in various shades of this colour.
Now I’m supposed to pass this award on to 15 other bloggers. (That’s right. Fifteen. Who thinks up these random numbers?) Anyway, here goes:
Crowing Crone Joss
On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea
Mature Student Hanging In There
Susan Jane Jones’s Blog
Inside the Mind of Isadora
Spirit Lights The Way
I Choose How I Will Spend The Rest of My Life
All That Matters
Oops! That makes sixteen ~ but every one of these authors deserve the award and I can’t possibly choose who to leave out. If you don’t believe me (or if you do,) I thoroughly recommend that you follow my links and check them out for yourselves.
Well, it’s been about a week and a half since I received this award (see Confession 1!) so I think it’s time I ‘put it to bed’.
Thanks, once again, to Pippa and Miles for nominating me. I’m not sure whether the logo will show when I publish this post ~ at the moment it’s a blue rectangle with a question mark ~ possibly because I write exclusively on Apple Mac computers. If you’d like to copy it; or to read the proper rules, or just have a good nose at the seven things that Pippa has written about their lives, please do drop by and say ‘Hi’